Dave speaks at conferences and hosts events.
Writing and Journalism
- The Art of the Interview, a presentation and Q&A at Johns Hopkins for the Conversations and Connections series.
- Digital Savvy For Your Career: Beyond The Basics, exploring digital media pay rates, content ownership rights, electronic job applications, e-mail etiquette, jargon and strategies for better blogging. Held at the National Lesbian Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA) annual meeting.
Business and Research
- Quarterlife Crisis: The N-Gen Transition to Adulthood. Presentation of this white paper (co-authored with author/researcher Abby Wilner Miller) at a Fortune 500 research council in Toronto.
Dating & Relationships
- Match.com Stir events. Hosting and interviewing.
- Love at First Click, focused on dating online and relationships at midlife, current online dating trends for the 50+ audience, and real-life success stories.
- Pride Comes in All Ages: The Ins and Outs of Being Out After 50. This event, co-hosted by Dave and comic Michele Balan, with actor B.D. Wong and representatives from SAGE, AARP, and Lambda Legal Resources. Dating at Midlife and Out at 50+, the first AARP LGBT-focused session, which he co-hosted with iconic author and comedienne Kate Clinton.